What is Naadac exam?
Table of Contents
- What is Naadac exam?
- What does Naadac mean?
- What is on the NCAC II exam?
- What is the MAC test?
- How do I become a member of Naadac?
- How many questions is the Mac exam?
- What is Naadac code of ethics?
- How do I cite the Naadac code of ethics?
- What is the NCAC II?
- How much does Apple certification cost?
- What to know before taking the NAADAC practice test?
- Why is it important to know about NAADAC?
- How is NAADAC making a difference in the addiction profession?
- When do I get a refund for my NAADAC exam?
What is Naadac exam?
A voluntary national and international certification intended for professionals working within Substance Use Disorders/Addiction-related disciplines who wish to demonstrate their skills gained through years of supervised work experience.
What does Naadac mean?
The organization evolved and became the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) in 1982, uniting professionals who worked for positive outcomes in alcohol and drug services.
What is on the NCAC II exam?
The NCAC II exam consists of 25% of questions from each domain. Both exams evaluate several skill groups such as treatment admission, clinical assessment, ongoing treatment planning, counseling services, documentation, case management, discharge and continuing care, legal issues, ethics, and professional growth issues.16 Dec 2019
What is the MAC test?
The MAC certification attests to the educational background, knowledge, skills, and competencies of the specialist in addictions counseling. NCCs who hold the MAC credential are eligible to seek Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) status through the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT).
How do I become a member of Naadac?
Online: Visit http://www.naadac.org/join and fill out the online application.
- By Mail or Fax: Download and fill out a membership application, then fax to 800.548. 0497 or mail to NAADAC, Attn: Membership Services, 44 Canal Center Plaza, Ste 301, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- By Phone: Call NAADAC Member Services at 800.377.
How many questions is the Mac exam?
The Master Addiction Counselor (MAC) written examination consists of 150 multiple-choice, objective questions with a total testing time of three hours.
What is Naadac code of ethics?
The NAADAC Code of Ethics is designed as a statement of the values of the profession and as a guide for making clinical decisions. This Code is also utilized by state certification boards and educational institutions to evaluate the behavior of Addiction Professionals and to guide the certification process.
How do I cite the Naadac code of ethics?
To cite the NAADAC/NCCAP Code of Ethics for academic purposes using APA 6th Edition formatting, please use the following citations: NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals (2016). NAADAC/NCC AP Code of Ethics. Alexandria, VA: NAADAC.
What is the NCAC II?
National Certified Addiction Counselor, Level II (NCAC II) A voluntary national and international certification intended for professionals working within Substance Use Disorders/Addiction-related disciplines wishing to demonstrate their skills gained through years of supervised work experience and specific course work.
How much does Apple certification cost?
How much do Apple Certification Exams cost? Exams cost $250 USD. Certification exam prices are subject to change and may vary based on currency values. In some countries and regions, additional taxes may apply.
What to know before taking the NAADAC practice test?
- Read NAADAC’s manual Integrating Treatment for Co-occurring Disorders: An Introduction to What Every Addiction Counselor Needs to Know. Take the NAADAC Practice Test, which covers topics from the MAC, NCAC I and NCAC II. Be as centered and calm as possible before taking the test.
Why is it important to know about NAADAC?
- Science has shown that addiction is a brain disease that responds well to treatment. Research is providing a better understanding of how drugs, alcohol, tobacco and other chemical substances affect the brain. NAADAC supports continued research and is a powerful advocate for policies improving the understanding...
How is NAADAC making a difference in the addiction profession?
- Through government relations and advocacy , membership , a code of ethics and certification , NAADAC keeps you on the cutting edge of the addiction profession. NAADAC's leaders and members are making a difference in the current discussion and perception of addiction issues.
When do I get a refund for my NAADAC exam?
- Yes, you can cancel your examination up to 72 hours before the testing appointment. In general, you can receive a refund of the testing fee. However, some state boards may have a different policy regarding refunds. Please check with your state board for its specific refund policy.